Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Autumn Color?

Had physical therapy for vertigo this afternoon.  I explained to the therapist that it was still fairly bad in the morning but gets progressively better as the day goes on.  She put me through a series of exercises while she filmed my eyes in the dark.   The film showed how my eyes were 'pulsing' to the left.  She then helped me through some exercises to relieve an inner ear problem.   Her job all day, it appears, is to crack necks, fling heads to the right/left/up/down and push bodies down to a cot.  (She has got to be the most relaxed person when she gets home after work.)  She  instructing me to do some daily exercises and let her know if I didn't show improvement within the week.  In truth, I felt fairly good for the rest of the afternoon.  I'd heard from various people that after going through one session of rehab their vertigo was gone.  I should have listened to the therapist and realized it might take a bit before I get well.  On the constitutional tonight, the sky was dark and beautifully clear.   I started picking out some smaller constellations directly overhead.   Vertigo washed over me in an instant.   I couldn't even stand still.    I stumbled to the left a couple of steps before tumbling flat into the tall grass.  Yes, I still have vertigo and, yes, my shoulder will hurt in the a.m.   

No comments: