Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Grey Treefrog

Got a call from my neighbor Doug.  He'd heard of grape pie and wanted to try it.  His sister, Ricky, had agreed to make it for him if he got the grapes.  Well, I have grapes.  So he came over and picked the Edelweiss grapes which are ripe and very sweet.    He pointed out that the county highway crew had put a fence across the road just to the west of my driveway.  I hadn't even noticed.   They were resurfacing the little bridge on the other side of the hill.   Wasn't the best place to put a fence since it couldn't be seen by cars coming up the hill.  By the time they reached it the only choice was to turn around either in my driveway or into Doug's hay field access on the opposite side of the road.  Grape picking finished, Doug and I sat outside Mjolnir and watched cars come up over the crest of the hill.  We started betting on if they would use my driveway or Doug's access road to turn around in.  Cars tended to use my driveway and trucks (including the school bus) preferred Doug's.  A bucolic pastime for a pleasent afternoon.

No comments: