Thursday, September 15, 2022

Grape Pie

 

Got a text from my neighbor Doug.  His sister Ricky had made the grape pie from the grapes he'd gathered from my vines.  I should come over and try a piece.  First though I had some things to do downtown.  The town clerk had talked to the board about giving election workers a raise.  She'd put off paying us because she asked the raise be retroactive to August.  Got that check in the mail a couple of days ago so stopped by the bank drive-thru window to cash it.  Since there was no one waiting behind me, I asked the clerk if she might check my savings account.  Explained that my very first Social Security check should have been deposited yesterday.  (Yes, I know everyone does on-line banking but I don't have a need for it as long as I can ask the teller to check stuff for me.)  She came back and said "Congratulations!" and told me the amount deposited.  Finally, that little saga is over.   Stopped by the post office to pick up an Amazon order waiting for me there.  It included sticky fly strips that attach to windows.  Yesterday I'd removed the ones I'd put in Mjolnir since they were completely full of flies.  I attached new ones to each of the five windows.  That didn't take long but when I finished and looked around there were already 20 flies stuck.  Yikes, how do they all get inside?   Bopped over to my neighbor's to try out the pie.  Very good.  Tasted and looked a lot like a mild cherry pie.  Suppose it depends a lot on the type of grapes used.


Picture from Doug Dearhamer.

No comments: