Saturday, September 03, 2022

Chokecherries

 

September - time to be looking forward to Autumn.  My state has a law that school can't begin any earlier than September 1.  Sure enough, while Whip and I were on our morning constitutional on Thursday along came the school bus w/ a friendly little toot of recognition.  While I hung out the wash, two 'V's of Canadian geese flew over headed south.  They aren't leaving yet but they had their flying formation down pat.  Nights and days are definitely getting cooler but still t-shirt weather.  Autumn is a spectacular time of the year but it's also the precursor to winter so I started a spreadsheet of all of the things that need to get done before freezing temps.  Today  I dug up the onions from the garden and grabbed one of the last tomatoes off the plants there.  Haven't had to buy a tomato for the last month and it looks like the onions will last me awhile too.  Autumn also brings the annual fly infestation to Mjolnir.  I put up sticky pads on the windows before I left for the Fair.  I've caught around 100 flies so far.  Added another sticky pad today and will replace most of them next week.  Still don't know where or why they come into the apartment in Mjolnir.  I get only the occasional fly in Haven, Sleipnir, and the other half of Mjolnir.  If it gets too bad I'm ready to bomb the place.  (No worries - it's just a bug bomb.)

No comments: