Wednesday, August 17, 2022

White Thistles

 

This morning was errands.  First had a checkup & cleaning at the dentist.  I've been using a water-pic and it's made a lot of difference.  Instead of the admonitions about the horrors of gum disease, the hygienist talked to me about the last primary (she lives in my town so I saw her when she came in to vote).  She didn't have much to clean, the doc gave me a cursory look, and I was out of the office w/ a goodie bag of toothbrush, paste, and floss.  Drove to the pharmacy to pick up another three months worth of drugs.  Something has changed because the prices for the same drugs have stabilized and pretty cheap. A few years ago the prices were all over the place and at least three times as much.  Picked up groceries for the week and a sandwich for lunch.  Then gassed up the car and filled a can for Svaldfari (the lawnmower).  Stopped by the post office for my mail and the new place in town for a latte.  In the afternoon it was another lesson for Whip on Jormungandr.  She jumped in w/o the leash and again whenever I asked her to on our stops through the back 40.   She has decided riding on a UTV is OK (though she is still trying to find a comfy way of sitting on the seat as we bounce along).  Before sunset I mowed most of the trails.  Driving around earlier in Jormungandr I had noticed some were getting a bit overgrown.  Got to stay on top of that or I'll could lose the trail.  I went past these white thistle growing amongst the regular colored purple ones.  I see a few in the same locale every year.  When I got back home I heard a buzz when I closed the door to Sleipnir.  There was a hummingbird sitting on the garage door light fixture.  BIG SIGH.  Opened the garage door again.  Put the two red gas cans just outside the door and hung a hummingbird feeder between them.  Will check in the morning to see if the little guy got out.

No comments: