Saturday, August 06, 2022

Flowers and Cats

           Friend Kathy called and said there would be something left on my front doorstep today.  I asked her if it would be a baby.  That surprised her but she assured me it would be something else.  That was a relief.   Around mid-morning I texted her that no 'baby' had been delivered yet.  She called me a little later.   She had contacted the 'baby' company and they said they had delivered it a while ago.  The delivery person did report that they couldn't find the address on GPS so they had gone to the house w/ "MAYER" on the mailbox.  They hadn't let the dog into the porch even though he seemed to want in.  This wasn't good.  Nothing had been delivered.  Whip has been outside but only w/ me.  I don't own a mailbox.  However, my brother does.  He and Donna were probably at work.  I left Russ a phone message that I was going to check his porch for a delivery and bopped over to his place.  Sure enough, there were flowers (a/k/a 'baby') sent by friends Kathy & Nancy.   A message stuck in the flowers included my name and my correct address.  I checked on the way back home.  Nothing obscuring my fire number sign either.  Alls well that ends well and the flowers are beautiful.  Cats like them too.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
Beautiful flowers...Dunder looks like he is trying to control himself.

cjb