Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Josephine Lily

Another beautiful day.  However the forecast said it would get muggy later in the afternoon and thunderstorms in the night.  I planned my day accordingly.  Had some rugs to wash so I did those early and got them out on the line.  It was breezy and sunny then so figured they would dry at least by noon.  Took the top off my rain barrel - might as well top it off if there was going to be rain.  Ran errands.   I had left the windows open last night but closed them when I got up.  That was enough to keep the house cool even when the humidity started to climb.  While I and the dog played on the deck, I could hear far off thunder and see storm clouds building to the west.  The TV weather man tonight was hedging his bets about the storms - one model had them coming through our area and another had them just skirting to the north.  Later, after dark, I thought I could hear a vehicle motor.  Looked out the front door and down the drive.  An emergency vehicle w/ it's lights blinking was sitting at the end of my driveway.  Storm watchers have a good view of the countryside in the direction of the village from there.  Must mean the storm will hit here.

No comments: