Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Hiding in Plain Sight

 Drove early in the morning to Collegetown.  I'm still getting the oil changed and tires rotated at the Subaru dealership.  I make an appointment so the wait is only around an hour.  After handing over the keys I wandered out onto the showroom floor.  It was filled w/ cars but all were 'pre-owned' and not the latest models.  Thought the semi-conductor shortage would have eased by now.  I walked over to the location set aside for people waiting for their vehicle to be serviced.  I turned on the TV and started walking through the channels.  Stopped on The Bloomberg News. I've never seen it before.  What an interesting show!  Others started coming into the area, plopping down in the chairs, and deeply engrossed w/ their smart phones.  I got a cup of coffee (called Highland Grogg which was made very palatable w/ a lot of cream), a Biscoff cookie, and settled back to listen to the TV.  Didn't seem long before the car was ready to go.  I know driving 60 miles to Collegetown just for an oil change isn't very practical and maybe I should start going to the corner garage in the village w/ the cute mechanic.  On the plus side I did have some new experiences and listened to two hours of "Death in Cornwall" enroute.

No comments: