Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Whip

 My neighbor Anita had called yesterday.  She had an eye appointment  in Collegetown on Tuesday and her driver wasn't feeling well at the moment.  Could I be her 'Plan B' ride for tomorrow?  Not a problem.  This morning got a text that her driver wasn't feeling better and was I still OK w/ driving.   I texted back I'd pick her up around noon.  She responded w/ an emoji.  OH NO.  People have texted me emoji's at the end of messages and I just ignore them since I haven't the foggiest what emojis add.  This time the whole message was just an emoji.  It was a round yellow circle w/ lines for eye's and mouth so this one was meant to be a facial expression - probably convey a feeling.  Nuts!  I'm awful at feelings.  The mouth was turned up in a smile.  Must mean something good.  Eyes were closed.  She was tired and going back to bed?  Maybe I shouldn't text back for awhile.  The eyebrows on the eyes looked normal - no clues there.  Either edge where cheeks would be located were reddish - embarrassed?  Good-Sleepy-Embarrassed.  No idea.  Decided to leave the meaning at my first impression - 'good'.  I haven't been texting long and still use full words instead of acronyms.  Eventually I'll get caught up w/ the current texting trends.  Will probably use the wrong emoji a few times so just a heads up to not be confused if you receive a strange one from me.  WIP

No comments: