Thursday, June 30, 2022

Sunset

 

Waited until 10 this morning to do errands.  Wanted to make sure everything was open.  First stopped off at the Village Hall.  The clerk not only knew who to contact at the Fire Department but she used her phone to take a pic of my fireworks permit and texted him.  She even kept a copy of the permit just in case they wanted a physical copy.  Next I picked up my mail.  The historical society is located next door and it was open.  I stopped in.  A highschool classmate, Carol, was on duty.  I found the old snapshot of my grandfather's store.  I'll bring in my camera later this month and take my own picture of it.  Carol and I reminisced for awhile.  Found out that the historical society keeps a dossier on families in the area. to show me she walked over to a filing cabinet and found  a manila folder labeled "Mayer".  It only contained some obituaries.  That's good.  Well, better than finding posters w/ head on, and both profiles  pictured!  Stopped off at the bank to cash a check and next door to them is the telephone office.  Stopped in and explained I was on the Town's Planning Committee and would like a map of where fibreoptics have been laid in the town.  She didn't know that they had one that was useable but she could give me a list of roads in the town where fibreoptics had already been laid.  That would work - I can make my own map.  She had a few questions about how this info would be used so I directed her to the town's website and the existing Comprehensive Plan.  She lives in my town so was already familiar w/ the site.  Picked up a sandwich on my way back home.  Like it when an errand trip is successful (and I remember all of the stops).

No comments: