Friday, June 24, 2022

St. John's Wort

I'd written to my rep asking that he vote for the latest gun control bill.  (He didn't).  When you get on his official government site it asks you to pick from a drop-down list of subjects that your e-mail pertains to.  I just pick anyone of the subjects and figure it all goes to a similar place.  Today my rep sent me an e-mail in response.  It starts out thanking me for letting him know my concern about gas prices.  I figure it happened this way:  I picked from the drop down list "Transportation" and the rep (or more likely an aide) wrote a letter about the rising gas prices and how a) it isn't my rep's fault, b) it's the opposing parties fault, and c) they are evil people.  The boilerplate response was sent to everyone who contacted the rep w/ the subject "Transportation".  This is disheartening.  I had hoped that my e-mails at least registered a tic mark next to 'pro' or 'con' on some list.  It appears no one reads them.  Hope the rep asks for my vote - I'll let him know what I think of the price of gas.

No comments: