Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Mourning Dove

I was up early.  Thought I'd get a pic of the first Summer sunrise but we  had cloud cover from rainstorms that had come through last night.  Not a problem.  Still had lots to do before my planned visitors arrived.  I'd checked the air conditioner on both Haven and Mjolnir when we had a hot day.  Haven worked great - Mjolnir not so much.  So I called up Winco HVAC yesterday and actually got a call back the same day.  He'd stop by this afternoon. Winco called at 9 a.m. He was working out his day and thought he'd come to my place first and work his way back north.  Fine w/ me.  He immediately saw that the coolant was low.  He added more along w/ a sealant.  He said he had three of this same unit lose coolant over last winter and he thought the sealant might help fix whatever caused it.  I told him I had added a cover over the outside lines but hadn't thought they nicked anything.  He assurred me the pipe I'd added hadn't caused the problem but that I should expect the pipe would become a home for bats during the summer.  I haven't seen a bat in five years plus as long as they stay outside I have no issues w/ them.  He had no sooner left than  Furniture 123  called asking if they could come early too.   Fine again w/ me.  The two guys efficiently removed my old furniture,  brought in the new stuff and were away to their next stop.  After that whirlwind of activity I stood looking at the new stuff and wondered if I'd made the right choice.  Sat down, reclined, and the next thing I knew I was waking up from a summer snooze.  Either my early start to the day caught up w/ me -or- that chair was as comfy as I remembered from the store.  Probably a bit of both.

No comments: