Sunday, June 19, 2022

Baby Snapper

 

Another beautiful day in the Northwoods.  Well ... everyday is beautiful here but today is one that anyone else would also consider a beautiful day.  However I spent most of the afternoon inside on my painting project.  When the murder mystery on PBS finished I was too enmeshed w/ what I was doing to change the channel so I was stuck listening to the Met's production of Rigoletto.   Opera isn't my thing.  I did watch around 15 hours of Wagner's Ring of the Nibelung (listened to it mostly for the mythology) and Turandot by Giacomo Puccini (that one wasn't too bad).   From my position I couldn't see the TV nor read subtitles which was probaly a blessing.  Opera singers tend to sing the same sentence over and over until you want to scream "'OK, I got it.  You're unhappy."  This opera is in Italian and at one point the tenor sounded like he was singing "I need the car tonight."  Then the chorus joined it that they all needed the car tonight too.  I did recognize the aria  La Donna e mobile - probably from old Bugs Bunny cartoons.  Was happy when my project finished part way through the last act.  I washed up, turned off the TV, and the dog and I sat out on the deck to listen to the thrasher sing.

No comments: