Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Young Lady Fern

Friend Nancy wanted to pick up some geraniums like she had last year.  Winter Greenhouse didn't have them but she remembered she had found them last year at Colonial Gardens.  Since she would have to drive past my house, she asked if I wanted to tag along.  Colonial Gardens, like most greenhouses, is a happy place - wall to wall blooming plants, the smell of wet earth w/ a whiff of lilies, roses, marigolds all thrown in together, workers eager to answer all sorts of questions (although I suspect their answer is always "Yes").  The weather has returned to our usual springtime temps so we left the plants in the car when we stopped at other places.  Finally ended up at the cafe in the village for lunch.   At Colonial, I'd picked up small plants to add to the overwintered geranium pots.  Quickly planted those.    Then went through my piggy bank and picked out a pocketful of quarters.  Before I put away a large winter comforter I wanted to wash it.   It's too bulky for my machine so took it to the laundramat downtown.  Made it back home ahead of the latest batch of thunderstorms.  Didn't get all of the things I wanted to accomplish today done but did get other things completed so it's all good.

No comments: