Sunday, May 22, 2022

Bobolink

When John Deere dropped off Jormungandr (the gator), they picked up Svaldifari (the lawnmower).  I got a call last month asking for an OK to do some extensive work and I agreed.  After that I hadn't heard from them.  While my HOA  (Home Owner's Association) is OK w/ the 'No Mow May' concept, they aren't into the front lawn becoming part of the hay field.  I called John Deere on Thursday 12th.  The service person responded, "Your tractor is ready  We'll drop it off on Monday... maybe Tuesday ... Wednesday for sure."  Come Thursday no lawnmower and no word from John Deere.  I called back.  The Service Department didn't answer and the call was picked up by the receptionist, "They will call you back later today about your tractor status." she assured me.  No call.  On Friday I called again and this time got through to Service.  "It's going out today." the young man on the other end said.  "Would you like to take care of the bill over the phone or have a check waiting for the delivery person?"  I said I didn't plan on doing either but to leave the bill in the tool compartment on the tractor when they left it off.  I'm not sure what the dog and I were doing but when we returned to the house there stood the garden tractor ready to go.  Well, gas tank was on empty but that I can remedy.  The bill was tucked into the tool compartment and showed my tractor was ready to go on April 22.   John Deere has been waiting to drop it off for almost a month.  I backed Jormungandr out of Mjolnir and drove it into Sleipnir beside Svaldifari.   Gotta love those Norse names.

No comments: