Friday, April 29, 2022

Song Sparrow

 

My errand list was long so I and the dog took our walk early.  Then I was off.  Stopped in at the library.  I'd been on duty last night and had left my bottle of water and a form on the desk.   Didn't want the form to confuse the morning volunteer.  No worries - she'd been too busy to notice it.  Picked up my mail next.  My beloved PBS schedule for May came - will mark the 'must see' shows tonight.  The Dearhamer's need the shock collar back now that they have a new dog so I looked for a new one for Whip.  None of them have the word 'shock' on the box.  Instead they use the word 'stumulation'. Whip doesn't usually wear it but May and June are fawn season and I don't want a repeat of last year.  Picked up a gallon of paint.  I'm not sure how often walls should be painted but it's been 10 years so they must be due.  Next I got a toilet.  Have never liked the toilet I put in the laundry room and now it won't stop running.  So I turned it's water feed off and will install a new tall toilet.  Also picked up a faucet.  The faucet on the laundry room sink is hard to turn off so got a lever model like the rest of the house.  Every few years I replace my fry pan and it was that time again.  Found a nice one that I can also put in the oven.  Have a recipe I want to try.   Then found a copy machine.  The copier that came w/ my computer a couple of years ago doesn't have all the photo functionality I need.  Picked up a couple of frozen pizzas from my favorite spot and stopped for a latte.  Before leaving town I filled up the car and went through the car wash.  The car wash is a good place to sip coffee and reflect on life.  April has been an expensive month for me - bought Jormungandr, spring maintenance on the lawnmower, taxes, vet, and this 'stuff' for the house.  May should be cheaper.

No comments: