Thursday, October 22, 2020

Tamarack Swamp

More snow (and then rain) today.  Right after breakfast though it was still calm so Whip and I got in our long walk before the precipitation began.  After we got home it started to snow so we only went out for short spurts after that.   Last week I knew the forecast was for freezing weather so I'd begun to finish those last autumn tasks.  I moved the bench in front of Mjolnir over to the side.  It's not in the plow guy's way but by moving it to the other side of the building,  it's one less thing for him to consider while plowing.  The two side tables by the bench went in Mjolnir and I've used them as plant stands for geraniums I'm overwintering.  Also to help out the plow guy, I removed my original Beaman garden pole for the winter.  Brent installed it so I could remove the painted outside and the post it sits on.  I took the batteries out of the light portion and replaced it in the box it came from.  All is stored away in the maintenance room.  Took down the dancing bunny plaque.   My little painted gnome could stay outside on the deck but it seemed a little lonely there.  I stored both items in Mjolnir w/ the flowers.   The one empty rain barrel is stored in there also.  That's about when we started getting all of this snow.  I've still got more things to empty and store away.  As soon as this early snow is gone, I'll be in earnest to finish up my winterizing.

No comments: