Saturday, July 04, 2020

Happy Independence Day

The forecast was for more of the same - hot and muggy (well, hot for the Northwoods).  Then, late morning (after I'd water all of my outside plants) a small storm cloud came over and absolutely poured rain.  Well, not such a bad thing.  No worries about burning off the hay field when the fireworks went off tonight!   For lunch it was platters of cold cuts and cheese for sandwiches, vegetables and ranch dip, plus a fruit plate.  Rachel picked up an ice cream cake and Dawn brought Texas caviar.   There were an assortment of chips and lots of different beverages to choose from.  Supper was a rerun of lunch.  Then, for me and Evelyn anyway, the feature film on Svengoolie tonight was 'Billy the Kid versus Dracula".  (A movie I'd never seen before but once was enough.)  Time for the fireworks show.  11 people on the deck and a group on a  Zoom. meeting congregated.  (Dunder was locked in my bedroom.)  A great show as always from Brent and his aide Rick.  Must admit I'm dead tired tonight so if some of this blog entry doesn't exactly make sense, don't be concerned.

No comments: