Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Drenched Bluebird

Pretty exciting.  A hurricane, actually just the remnants of a hurricane, was coming to the Northwoods.  The last one to visit was in 1988 - Gilbert.  Before than there was one in 1949 and 1900. This afternoon I brought in the clothes off the line, mowed the lawn and paths, shut all of the windows, and repositioned my make-shift rain barrel.  Then I sat out on the deck to await the flash-bang of a hurricane.  I could hear far off thunder and the sky was overcast but that was about it.  Eventually I felt a few raindrops.  Indy and I walked around the house one more time to make sure everything was ready for a rainstorm and then went in.  The rain has gotten heavier as the night has progressed but nothing more.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm happy for a good soaking.  Just thought this whole tropical storm thing would be a bit more ... resplendent.

No comments: