Friday, June 05, 2020

Bear


























As I mentioned earlier in the year, a neighbor had let me know while 4-wheeling  along the path through the swamp they had seen a sow w/ three cubs and wanted to warn me to be careful.  Then at the beginning of this week, my neighbor Doug Dearhamer took the picture above of a very big bear coming out of my woods, crossing the road, and going into his woods.  Tonight Doug called.  He'd gotten this  picture of a lone cub raiding his compost heap.  Seemed strange not to see it's mom close by.  He'd contacted the DNR (Department of Natural Resources).  They told him to call them the next time he saw the cub sans mother.  So Doug was letting me know the situation should I see the cub.  While talking to Doug I noticed the full moon was rising off the horizon so got my camera and tripod and went out on the lawn to get a picture.  There was a 'bear pie'.  Didn't really think a bear would come right up onto the lawn w/ the dog smell around but that might explain the hummingbird feeder that was off the hook this morning - looked like the plastic tube had been crunched.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little cub!
Rebecca