Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Catkins

Tuesday night.  Time to take out the garbage.  Not as simple a task as it sounds.  First, I'd forgotten about it until I stepped outside to bring in the clothes from the line.  Seeing the blue garbage can jogged my memory.  After taking the clothes off the line, I gathered together all of the garbage bags from different rooms and cleaned the kitty box a last time.  Indy and I walked outside w/ the bundle and Dunder took his chance to slip out too.  I'd left my car in the drive and the little bugger knows if he can get under it I can't reach him.   Indy and I ignored him and we walked down the drive.  You see, that blue garbage can isn't near the house but left near the end of the drive and that's quite a little distance.  It was near sunset and that always puts a golden glow on everything so didn't mind the walk.  Deposited the bags in the can and then positioned the can near the road so the truck could empty it tomorrow morning.  Noticed the tree at the end of the road was full of fuzzy little catkins.  Well, I needed a picture for today so walked back to the house.  Dunder saw me coming and waited until the last moment before dashing under the car again.  I walked on past him and into the house. Slung  my camera bag over a shoulder and back outside.  Dunder was now in the middle of the drive gleefully taking a dust bath.    I easily picked him up and deposited him inside the house.  Now that I didn't need to worry about driving over a cat, I also put the car in the garage.  Indy waited patiently by the camera bag I'd left on the ground.  I picked it up and we trekked back down the drive to take pictures of the 'pussywillow tree'.  Since we were near the head of a trail, we took that longer way back to the house.  When we passed Mjolnir, we detoured inside so I could pick up somethings I'd left in there earlier.  All in all it took maybe a half hour to take out the garbage.  Guess I understand why some people make a big fuss when asked to do it.

No comments: