Friday, April 24, 2020

Helicopter

Warm enough today to open up the garage door to Mjolnir so the plants I'd overwintered could get some real sunlight.  I grabbed the bench I'd stored in there and moved it out to it's summer spot in front of the building.  Overhead I could hear the deep thrum of a helicopter.  Looked around for it and espied it going overhead.  This one looked like a medical evacuation helicopter from one of the hospitals.  My friend Nurse Nancy can tell where the helicopters are from but I can't.  Watched this one as it headed due east and then do a slow 360 degree turn before descending on or near my neighbor's field.  Turns out another neighbor had fallen and the helicopter had been called in for help.  Finding a spot to land that has no trees and no high lines can't be easy.  Suppose the pilot knows he had half the countryside watching his maneuvers?

No comments: