Saturday, April 18, 2020

Robin

The florescent light in my closet finally died.  I made a list of all of the things I needed in Churchville and took off for the half hour drive.  First I stopped off on the way to get rid of my recyclables.  Then off to Menards for the two florescent lights.  The parking lot was full and so was the store.  The only nod to social distancing was at the check-out lines where there was an 'X' every six feet.  Over to Farm and Fleet for dog and cat food.  The parking lot was full there also.  However they were monitoring how many people were in the store at one time so  a person stationed at the door allowed people in whenever enough people left.  The store had set up tape and cones to funnel people through the building efficiently.  Stopped at the drive-thru at Cabin Coffee for a latte and a bag of coffee beans.  Decided to get lunch before I left so another drive-thru at Culvers.  Drove home along the back roads through the hills.  It's a nice relaxing drive past farms and through forests.   Tonight I fixed the light in the closet.  Wouldn't you know, the outer ring lights up fine but the inner one won't.  Big sigh...

No comments: