Monday, March 30, 2020

Kites

 The governor preempted the airwaves to talk about the coronavirus.  It was pretty staid stuff but meant to be reassuring I'm sure.  Then he took questions and one reporter asked why the map on the state's site showing the counties w/ known cases had been taken down.  One of the governor's lackeys said our health department wanted people to think the virus is everywhere and the map sent the wrong message. I hate being told there is something I don't need to know and especially when it's the government being patronizing.  I shut off the TV and Indy and I went out to fly kites.  Temp in the high 40's so not too cold.  Wind around 8 m/p/h.  Got the first one up and stuck it's line in the ground.  Got the second one up and tied it off on the stockade.  The third proved problematic in keeping up and the second one dislodged from the stockade flying off down the meadow.  Fortunately the trailing handle tangled in some small brush or I would have been searching for it in the swamps.  So glad I can get outside now to work off frustration instead of yelling at the TV

No comments: