Saturday, January 25, 2020

Cabin quilt

My friend Nancy wanted a little get-away this winter so she booked the ski hill cabin for a couple of nights and asked if I'd like to go w/ her. Monday - Wednesday is pretty cheap during the winter because the ski hill is closed.  We met up there Monday afternoon and set to moving in for the next couple of days.  There is one bedroom downstairs and Nancy slept there.  I had the whole upstairs loft w/ it's four beds.  Almost like Goldilocks - which one should I sleep in?  There was a queen sized one by the edge of the loft - nope too open for me.  Another on the other side at the head of the stairs.  Nope still too open.  The two smaller twin sized beds were at the back on either side of the room.   I took the one tucked in under the eaves.  We did the usual stuff one does on a Girls Night Out - made pizza, watched movies, played games, and talked.  Wednesday morning we were getting in the car to go out for breakfast and were surprised at the number of cars coming into the ski hill.  I knew the ski hill was only open from Thursday to Sunday but it looked like they had a whole crew coming in to work.  When we saw the school buses we realized Wednesdays might be the day for various kid's organizations to ski.  Safer for the kids and the ski hill gets to train in a new crop of customers.

No comments: