Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Winterberries

Time to get my yearly mammogram.  The clinic doesn't have an imaging machine but the hospital next to it does.  While one of the hospital receptionists checked me in I explained I'd last been here on Christmas morning to go to the Emergency Room.  I said I'd entered by the door I'd just come through.  "Is that the correct door?"  "Yes." she said.  "You enter through that door and go about half way down this hallway to the Emergency Room sign."    Something still didn't make sense so I told the mammogram technician my Christmas tale of coming into the hospital and being locked out of the Emergency Room.  "I was fortunate that a nurse came out of one of the other rooms and she helped me get in." I said.  The technician asked who was at the reception desk.  "No one." I replied. "But it was very early in the morning.  I had to be buzzed in at the front door."  The tech looked at me.  "Then the procedure is for the Emergency Room nurse to come down the hall to meet you and take you into the ER."  That didn't happen but explains why one of the nurses on duty that Christmas had said they thought I was a nurse when they had buzzed me in at the front door.  Good to know the ER procedure should I ever need it again -and- asking all of those questions distracted me from the hated mammogram.

No comments: