Thursday, October 31, 2019

Milkweed

Usually Halloween is a day I take a last long walk through the swamps.  Indy wasn't really up to a long walk and I had other things to do.  One of them was to go to the library around 3 and help setup for this weekends book sale.  I did some of the work the night before during my regular shift.  I'd broken the donated books out into fiction/nonfiction.  Nonfiction I'd put into various categories - medical, historical, biography, political, religious, etc.  Fiction I'd alphabetized by author's last name.  However I only had access to a portion of the books that would go on sale.  There were others locked in a back room.  The volunteers tonight worked hard getting the rest ready.  Surprisingly we have more non-fiction this time than fiction due to a multitude of books about various health issues and a ton of tomes donated by someone w/ a distinctly conservative political leaning.  Once home I settled in on the couch to watch Shakespeare and Hathaway on PBS.  It was after the show finished and I tried to get up that I realized how much that walking back and forth, bending and lifting, and moving furniture had worked my muscles.  Decided to eschew a dance outside in the frosty fields and instead soak in a hot tub.  It was a good decision.

No comments: