Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Frankenstein Monster planter

Rainy and cold day so I did some small projects inside.  I love my little succulent planter but some of his paint was peeling off leaving big white spots.  I tried to find him on-line.  I remembered I'd bought him as part of a set w/ a ghost and Dracula.  However, it's been quite a while and I couldn't remember where I'd bought them and couldn't find a replacement on-line.  So I got out my paints and repainted him where necessary.  That finished, I had some decorative wooden buttons that had to be glued and smooshed into holes as a finishing touch for another project.  Did that.  Later I was looking on-line for a clothes-pin bag.  Mom had one and I realize why now.  Clothes pins (especially the plastic ones) can't handle much more than one year out on the line before they become brittle and break.  While clothes pins aren't expensive, neither is a bag for them.  I saw one that looked like a little girl's dress and realized a bag wouldn't be too hard to make.  Dug through my closet for an old t-shirt.  Turned it inside out and sewed up the bottom.  I thought I'd perfected how to do a whip-stitch somewhere along the line but guess I've forgotten how.  Doesn't matter.  Even if it isn't pretty, nothing will fall through.  Then I just put a plastic hanger through the top and voila.  Enough creativity for one day - I sat on the couch to watch 'The Day the Dinosaurs Died.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your succulent planter Carolyn