Friday, September 20, 2019

Red Admiral butterfly

I walked into the library and volunteer Nancy was talking w/ someone I didn't recognize.  They were laughing hysterically and the other person said, "The things you see around town.  Now I know."  Then she left.  I said to Nancy, "It's horrible coming in the middle of a conversation.  What were you talking about?"  Nancy explained that the lady wasn't sure what people around here did on their day off.  She decided to bike through the village.  She went past a house just as the occupant was stepping out on their deck - in the nude.  Reminded me of a lady nearby who said she undressed w/ her windows open since she had no close neighbors.  She was surprised to see a face in the window one night - it was a bear.  Mom liked to tell the tale of another neighbor who did her gardening w/ a large sunhat, shoes and nothing else.  Mom thought Dad spent more time plowing the field across from the lady's house than was necessary.  Got me to wondering if, in the Northwoods, people are pragmatic when clothes aren't essential to the task at hand or if it is a sort of celebration that the weather is finally warm enough to be naked.  Also reminded me that it's the autumnal equinox is coming up - time to dance 'sky clad' in the woods!

No comments: