Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Late Fall Polypore

A lot of these bracket fungi look alike but I lucked out in ID'ing this one.  The description in my book includes the note "exuding amber-colored fluid when young."

I wasn't feeling great this morning - throat sore, nose running, and just a little off.  I'm listening to a Anne Hillerman book that takes place on the Navajo nation.  The book mentions The Healing Way which says we should live surrounded by beauty.  I assume that's meant in a metaphysical sense but there is no place I know of that is more beautiful on a warm late summer's day than the deck.   So I sat out in one of the deck chairs, listening to the book, a bottle of water nearby, and a crossword puzzle in my lap.  The book finished after the sun had set, the deer had wandered out into the meadow, and the first stars were coming out.  Indy and I walked down the driveway to put out the garbage for tomorrow's pickup.  Actually, I do feel much better.

No comments: