Monday, September 02, 2019

Haybales in half-light

I wanted to mow the lawn today.  This morning it was too wet w/ dew.  This afternoon I wanted to finish something else first. Tonight around 7 p.m. I realized it still hadn't been done.  No problem.  My HOA (Home Owner's Association) doesn't care how late I make noise. Did the lawn around the house first which takes around an hour.  Then I set out to do the trails.  You know that the sun sets earlier in the summer than it does in the winter.  If you mark down the time the sun sets each day you'll notice it isn't a linear progression.  The time of sunset doesn't change much from day to day around the solstices but the difference in sunset time then speeds up and positively races through the equinoxes.  So while last month I could have finished mowing the trails in light, it was so dark tonight that I almost missed the turnoff for home and I didn't get to two short paths.  A reminder to do my outside work first.

No comments: