Monday, August 19, 2019

Sunflower at Sunrise

It was a perfect day in the Northwoods.  Well ... most days in the Northwoods are perfect.  This was just the kind that most other people would also consider perfect - slight breeze, sunny, temp in the high 70's, low humidity, the landscape green and lush.  The ticks are on hiatus and if the mosquitoes were out and about I didn't feel one.  I decided it would be a good day to paint that wall mounted letter holder I picked up at the library sale.  I can use it to hold books/magazines in Mjolnir.   As I got started I remembered that it was the rest of my siblings that got the 'painting gene' and not me.   Went ahead and painted it the best I could anyway.   I'd been meaning to paint the milk can my sister had given me and today seemed a good day to do that.  It's now back to a silver color I remember from childhood.  Decided now was also a good time to toss all those old paint cans in the utility room.  I copied down the specifics of the colors I'd used in the house before tossing each can.  Used some to 'touch up' scratch marks on the walls.  At sunset, Indy and I got in a final constitutional before settling in for the night.   Tomorrow is suppose to be another perfect day.

No comments: