Friday, November 16, 2018

Black Willow in fall

Took Indy out for an early morning walk into the forest.  Tomorrow is the beginning of the 9-day rifle deer season and our walks will be confined to the open areas near the house.   My neighbors and I were talking about how deer hunting has changed from when we were younger.  Hunters tended to tramp through the woods looking for deer then.  Now they put up a deer stand and stay put - hoping a deer saunters past their location.  Either way, I don't want to be around when a bunch of people who probably haven't used their rifles since last year about this time and are on an adrenalin rush to shoot something are out and about in the wild.  Indy and I walked again after sunset.  Followed part of the same path we did in the morning and I found my leather gloves (that I hadn't realized I'd dropped).  My idea of a successful hunt.

No comments: