Friday, October 26, 2018

Frosty bunny

The library's annual (now semi-annual) book and white elephant sale is on Saturday.  Wednesday night while I volunteered I'd moved the books to the sale area and sorted them by author or non-fiction.  I had signed up to help set up on Thursday.  That went fast so we also set up three long tables for white elephant items and priced them also.  I had been coerced into also helping w/ the Friday setup but, since things should have been in by Thursday (except for baked goods) I figured it would be a quick check-in and I could take off.  That of course was not the case.  Many more books and white elephant items had come in today.  I brought out another long table, cleared off the top of the children's stacks so we could put more items there.  Books were fit in where ever there was room so forget the nice by-author sort.  Still there is a perk for the people who help out w/ the sale as they are allowed to buy things early.  Tonight I found a bottle of Chanel #5 that was donated.  It was marked at 5 cents but I gave the library fund a bit more than that for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, nice!

kn