Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Thirteen-lined ground squirrel

Old Time Radio on Saturday and Sunday nights reserve their very scariest broadcasts for after 10 p.m.  I like to jump into bed, turn off the lights, and listen to the shows in the dark.  Of course, I rarely stay awake to the end and usually fall asleep somewhere between the announcer's introduction and the start of the show.  So I picked up six CD's of  'Classic Radio's Greatest Mystery Shows' from the library - episodes from shows like The Black Museum, Escape, Inner Sanctum, Quiet Please, The Weird Circle, and The Whistler.   This week, right around sundown, I and the portable CD player go out on the deck.  I can do a crossword puzzle while listening to a show.  By the time it ends I've finished the puzzle and it's very dark.  Indy comes outside also and lays next to my chair on the deck.  Just too scary to listen to these old radio programs alone.

No comments: