Monday, September 17, 2018

Sandhill Cranes

Remember the saga of the extra check the town had to cut for the library because the county treasurer used the wrong number?  I delivered the town's check to the library on Friday morning.  The librarian later gave me the check back.  The bank had refused to deposit it because it was made out to the 'Library'.  The Village manages an account for the library funds and the bank felt the check had to be made out to the Village.  (The bank just came under new management so I don't know if that has something to do w/ the bank not taking it.)  I ferried the check back to the town.  The town treasurer crossed out 'Library', wrote 'Village' above it and handed the check back to me.  I gave the check to the librarian this morning and stuck around.  I was interested in seeing if it would go through this time.  Surprise, surprise, it did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! An altered check is never a good one to accept.

cjb