Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Green Frog

Today was forecast to be humid w/ possible rain off and on.  Decided it would be a good day to run errands over in Churchtown.  Again ... not one of my better ideas.  It started pouring as soon as I hit the city limits.  I was able to get parking spots really close to all of the stores but by my fourth stop I was so drenched, the clerk offered me a towel to dry off a little.   I had more places to visit but I looked like a drowned rat in a wet t-shirt contest.  Decided the rest of the shopping could wait until another day.  I was also actually feeling cold.  On the way out of town I went through a coffee-shop's  drive-thru to pick up a hot latte.  Even there the barista couldn't refrain from laughing at me "Boy, did you get wet!"  I gave her a sheepish grin (but not a tip).

No comments: