Thursday, April 26, 2018

Pussywillows

 Last night the librarian had mentioned she was hosting a meeting in the morning of other librarians to discuss youth summer programs.   While I was grocery shopping I picked up a bunch of flowers too.  Delivered them to the library just before opening time.  This afternoon I went back to the library to help out for a couple of hours.  The librarian said the meeting went well and the flowers were a nice touch.   She wondered when there would be wild flowers blooming.  Got me to thinking that the pussy willows should be out so, once home, Indy and I went out for a walk.  Found multiple bushes of them along the back 40 pathway.   Don't know what is better - that when I close up the library at  5 p.m. there is still enough daylight to take an hour walk, that it's warm enough for most of the snow to have melted so we can take that walk, or the lovely little pussy willows to enjoy along the way.

No comments: