Wednesday, January 03, 2018

1900 - The Boys

Standing are Albert, Emil (age 16), Fred Schmid (married to sister Pauline), August, Otto.  Seated are Ernest, Henry, and Christ.

The College Town library announced it would no longer have late fees on books.  That library is part of the system my library belongs to.  Our librarian is open to trying it too but it would be up to the board and they aren't as keen on the idea.  The bigger issue is the College Town library is also planning on weighting the request system so their patrons get moved to the front of the queue for any book/movie/etc. located at their site.  That means if I am first to request the new Evanovich book when it comes out, I'll still have to wait until everyone at the College Town library that wants to read it have finished.   Riled me that our library system was favoring the cities over rural communities. I felt better about it though when Indy and I went for our after-dark walk - people in cities can't see the stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened to Bill?
Rebecca