Friday, January 19, 2018

Dogs























Along w/ horses, dogs have always been a part of life on the farm so they often got into pictures.  The top picture is brothers Herbert, Neil, and Walter Mayer around 1925.  I don't know the dog's name but it bears a remarkable resemblance to my current dog Indy.  The middle picture is around 1948.  Doug Mayer is petting a collie.  We weren't too imaginative when naming our collies - they were named Laddie, Lassie, or after royalty (e.g. King).  Ann Mayer is holding her cousin Connie Mayer in the background.  The bottom picture was taken around 1943.  Proud grandma is Pearl Mayer, Neil Mayer is holding his son Douglas, and Ruth Kurtz is holding one of Showme's puppies.  (My grandparent's picked up Showme when they were traveling through Missouri.)



Indy and I got back from our pre-dawn walk.  Dunder came to greet us by the front door.  He was dragging along one of my bras.       (Big sigh.)


1 comment:

Brent said...

Evelyn and I are really enjoying the old photos. The boys look like they dressed up for the picture. Rather natty outfits.