Wednesday, January 17, 2018

1915 - Wedding photo of Emil Mayer and Pearl Schwartz

Emil and Pearl are in front and behind are Ernest Mayer, Emil's younger brother, and his wife Agnes (nee Tufty).

I got up early to drive to College Town for an oil change and tire rotation at the Subaru dealership.  I don't plan on doing this on a regular basis but thought I would do it for this first oil change and because I rather enjoy all of their fawning over car owners.  While I was there I got a call from the afternoon library volunteer.  She wouldn't make it today and could I go in early and take her shift and my later one.  Had nothing I couldn't put off so agreed.  Went o the library at 1 p.m.  It was a busy day.  The middle school students are all coming to the library tomorrow and the librarian asked me to check the list of students against the library catalog to see which ones already had library cards.  I hadn't finished w/ that when 30 some kids came in for Lego Club.  I'm not a 'kid' person (I'm barely a 'people' person) but my only interaction in Lego Club is to disperse treats after they have are done w/ their Lego creations and before they go to listen to a story.  The village clerk did walk through the library during Lego club stopping briefly at the desk to admonish me to check bathrooms after the kids were gone but even that duty was take care of by the Lego club leaders.  Indy and I took a walk once I got home - freezing cold, in the dark, and relaxing.

No comments: