Thursday, December 14, 2017

On the trail

Received only one physical catalog this year.  A vast difference from when I first came back here to live.  Then the post office box was crammed full of them.  Now it's my e-mail in-box that has a plethora of advertisements.  Speaking of ads it's also a little jarring to be downloading a crossword puzzle (for example) and see that the advertisements on that site are for banjos - something I casually checked into once.  However what really gets me is when the ads that come up are for  Filipino women that want to get married.  I don't have any special affinity for the Filipino people.  I don't want a 'connection' w/ a woman.  I can't think of anywhere I've been on the web that would make someone somewhere think I was.  I'm considering these as 'default ads' - when the Internet is at a loss on what else to advertise.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Like the picture! Almost makes me miss the snow - on second thought I think I'll just enjoy the snow in your pics. Ha