Sunday, September 10, 2017

Interstate Park Paddle Boat

My niece Rachel and I met our cousin Dawn and we all went to the Interstate Park for the day.  I had agreed to walk w/ them through the park.  It was a bit further than I'm used to walking but it would be on well worn trails and not through tall grass or brush like I do in the swamps.  This should be very doable. Problem was the temp rose to 80.  That's cool for most people but not me.  After a couple of bouts w/ heat stroke in the past, my internal temp control doesn't always function correctly.   But I decided against fainting a few times and enjoyed myself on the hike.   It was an hour drive home so upon getting out of the car, realized my leg muscles were cramping up.  Figured a little 'hair of the dog' was called for and Indy and I took a walk.  Back to feeling fine now.

No comments: