Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Tiara

Left Brent to his own devices and drove to a friend's house yesterday for a GNO (Girls Night Out).  A rare opportunity when our schedules allowed us to get together.   That night we went to a nice supper club.  Once seated, my friends proclaimed it was my surprise 65th birthday celebration!  They pulled out tiaras for each of us to wear.  Not much else to be done but put it on and smile as if nothing was amiss when the waiter came to take our order.  Had a wonderful steak, lyonnaise potatoes, French onion soup, and salad w/ blue cheese dressing.  As we were finishing up, the waiter brought out a complementary sundae for the "birthday princess" and a group of staff gathered around to sing Happy Birthday.  Back at my friends place they had cards for me and a birthday cake.  Actually quite a lot of fun (once you give into the inevitability of being embarrassed.)  Today I drove back home and wore my tiara into the house.  Russell was here helping Brent w/ some projects.  Neither brother even mentioned the tiara for a good half hour.

No comments: