Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Virgin's bower

Got a call from Eric yesterday.  They needed me to fill-in starting Wednesday.  Would I be available?  Sure.  Set three alarms for 3:30 a.m. and I made it on time this morning.  Met the new herdsman who seems very nice and has that admirable quality of calmness.  There are a lot of cows in the hospital group and then after that the herdsman and owners went out about their other tasks and Alejandrina and I were on our own.  We've milked together before so that went pretty well.  How to milk cows according to procedure came back immediately.  However, other things took a bit of thought but I made it through the morning.  Unless there is more to it, the gossip around the milker who left wasn't very juicy.  However as I was finishing up in the parlor my Fitbit vibrated letting me know I made my step goal for the day - 10,000 steps by 10 a.m.   Glad I only work part time!

No comments: