Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Bunchberry

Lots of rain this morning. I put off any walks until this afternoon but the ground was still so saturated that we sloshed along the way. Good day I figured to plant a little red pine I received free in the Education Building at the fair. In picking a spot first I decided it should be between the house and the road. Walking out from the house I decided it should be further out than the wellhead. I wanted blossoming trees and shrubs in that area so I continued on out. Taking into account future building plans I walked on even further. I sunk the shovel into the ground and pulled it out w/ a tremendous sucking noise. Guess the ground is really saturated. The hole I'd made filled up w/ water. Oh well, won't need to water it in. I placed the little tree down in the hole, filled in around it, and gave it's top a little tug upwards. The sky looked like there might be more rain coming in. I walked back to the house. The little guy is on his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time to plant a tree!
Rebecca