Sunday, May 25, 2014

Flowers at the Mayer Headstone

Friday night, Phil and Brent helped me put out flowers at the cemetery.  For me, geraniums do the best so I had different colors for each of the four gravestones that I decorate for Memorial Day.  While the flowers are at the cemetery, I check on them daily - making sure they have enough water and haven't tipped over.  Using real flowers is extra work but I think they are the only way to go.  Plus, as I've said before, I am convinced if I put artificial flowers on Grandma's grave, she would manage to reach a bony hand out of the sod, grab my wrist and a sepulchral voice would say, "What are you thinking?"

1 comment:

Hektor said...

Hi Susan.
I came across the blog through the blog. You got my attention. We have beautiful pictures.
Solution and the work you do is perfect for me. I'm updating my blog and wait for you to visit.