Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sunset behind the silos

Spent the afternoon getting my annual checkup. There was a questionnaire to fill out ahead of time. Among the usual questions about my health it asked what my occupation was. That's understandable. They also wanted to know who is my employer. Couldn't fathom why they needed to know so left it blank. Then the question "Have you ever been hurt by someone you love?" Aren't at least half the songs written about just that? Decided to answer "No." At the doc's office there were more questions -  "Are you ever depressed?" I blurted out, "Heckfire, yes!" Wrong answer. That triggered a bunch of other questions about how often, to what degree, and who was my support network. Turns out being down because you can't walk in the swamp doesn't count as depression.

No comments: