Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Winter snowstorm

A tricky drive into work this morning. It had snowed most of the night. The county roads hadn't been plowed yet and even the state highway only had one lane cleared. I have check points along the way that tell me if I'm on schedule. I should cross the village bridge at 4:20. Pass the driveway of the log church by 4:24 and stop at the crossroads at the county seat by 4:30. I was pretty reliably two minutes behind at all of my checkpoints this morning. Not really an issue since hitting my checkpoints will get me into work at 4:37 - eight minutes ahead of my start time. Once I got back home and cleaned up, Indy and I took off into the woods. The fresh snow made everything beautiful (and so much more fun to walk through than drive).

2 comments:

Pete said...

Ice rink here in SE MN this morning (Wednesday). Get the ice skates out!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful winter wonderland!
Rebecca