Monday, December 09, 2013

Ice covered grass

I looked around the table this morning and found a used Christmas card envelope. I roughly balled it up and stuck it in my jacket pocket before leaving for work. "That should do it." I thought. On Friday, Carol, the dairy owner, had asked if I wanted some hamburger. She was cleaning out her freezer. "Sure," I eagerly said but then stopped. "Sorry, I just can't eat a cow I've milked." Carol seemed to understand and replied, "This is from a friend that raises beef cattle. Neither you nor I ever met this animal." Suddenly it was all OK in my mind. However, I forgot to pick up the hamburger out of the utility room freezer before I left work on Friday. After work this morning, I put on my jacket and stuck my hands into the pockets. I heard the crinkle of the wadded up envelope and remembered, "Hamburger!" So much more effective than a string around a finger.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this picture!

Pete said...

Very neat pic! Love the bright background colors. Fire and Ice!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You could frame this picture. Love it!
Rebecca